New affordable homes
Maximising the supply of affordable housing is a priority for Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council.
Working with other council departments, external agencies and housing providers, the Housing Supply Team provides information and guidance to help secure and deliver affordable housing for rent and affordable home ownership.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Monitoring new schemes that are planned for the future.
- Providing guidance on housing need across the borough.
- Advising on the type and tenure of affordable housing.
- Liaison with developing registered providers and housing associations.
- Operational aspects of adopted affordable housing policy.
- Rural affordable housing schemes and the Hampshire Alliance for Rural Affordable Housing (HARAH) partnership.