Borough Business Partnership
The Borough Business Partnership (BBP) was formed to give the borough’s business community a voice and opportunity to participate in the issues that affect the borough.
The morning meetings are held three times a year, with the agenda focusing on key local and regional projects and programmes that are of genuine interest to businesses.
Recent council led topics have included:
- Local Plan - framework for spatial development of the borough to 2029
- Manydown - a local and national priority to deliver much needed housing supported by infrastructure
- Leisure Park - regeneration plans to enhance the leisure offer for residents and visitors
- Basing View - major commercial regeneration
- Basingstoke Together - a Business Improvement District for Basingstoke's town centre
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight devolution update - Northern Powerhouse approach for Hampshire?
The partnership also has presentations from local businesses, business support organisations and other key partners that influence the businesses in the borough.
Chaired by Melbourne Barrett, Chief Executive of Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council, the group is made up of key businesses, large and small employers, business support organisations and people from the business community with a genuine interest in what direction the council should be heading, which provides a unique informal networking opportunity over breakfast.
The council has benefited greatly from these meetings but it is important to ensure that the partnership is also of value to the businesses. If you are active in the borough’s businesses community, and want to help shape the way the council supports its businesses, then the Borough Business Partnership wants to hear from you to help us shape the borough’s economic future.
If you are interested in attending the partnership meetings, have a venue you would like us to consider for a future meeting, would like to speak about a project or business programme you are involved with, please contact us on the details below.
Business development team
Telephone: 01256 845359