Basingstoke and Deane has been an economically successful borough in recent years. The borough is a centre of regional importance for employment, housing and culture, all of which must be encouraged as essential components of economic prosperity.
Although times are tough we are committed to leading Basingstoke and Deane into a prosperous future, where individuals, families and businesses can thrive.
We want to drive economic prosperity by supporting business to innovate and create new jobs and encouraging residents to develop their skills.
We have already started by:
- securing ownership of The Malls shopping centre and revamping it in consultation with our residents
- working in partnership with businesses and other local authorities to establish Enterprise M3 and secure £200k in start up funding
- supporting an apprenticeship programme which has already seen young people get jobs in Hampshire.
Over the next three years we plan to:
- continue to regenerate Basing View in partnership with a developer
- continue to implement the Vision for Central Basingstoke to help ensure the continued development of an outstanding town centre in terms of economy, facilities, community, accessibility
- promote the borough as a location for business through a joined up marketing and inward investment strategy supported by the council and partners
- work in partnership across EM3 area to ensure flexible, responsive and appropriate training, learning opportunities and skills are available to provide a highly skilled workforce that meet business demand
- support new and small businesses to develop and grow
- work with partners to improve infrastructure, including broadband where businesses are adversely affected in both urban and rural areas and enable a good supply of high quality, well priced commercial property.
What this means for our borough:
- town centre improvements providing better facilities and an attractive business location
- a more inviting and accessible shopping centre
- a workforce that is appropriately skilled
- businesses want to locate in the Basingstoke area retaining and bringing new jobs for the borough
For further information you can view the council plan by clicking here or you can contact Natalie Wigman on 01256 845692 or email@example.com