Search the planning applications register
If you are commenting online please note that we acknowledge all comments received by letter within two days of receipt. If you have not received an acknowledgement letter within this timeframe please contact the case officer.
The council provides information on planning applications that have been submitted and decisions made by searching an online register, the earliest application is from 1968. However, to view the records on the system from 1968 to 1986 you need to visit the council offices.SEARCH FOR AN APPLICATION
Notes on searching:
- you can type in the application reference for example BDB/00001 or just the number 00001
- you can search by location but you should remember the location address when the application was made and may not be as you know it today
- you can search by proposal but you should note that this could be a long search if you do not restrict it by some other criteria, for example, decision date/ward name/parish name
- you can search by statutory class. This will give you applications of the same type, for example, major residential
Also available on more recent applications are documents associated with the application including plans and decision notices. Some of these scanned documents, particularly plans, can be of a large file size and may take some time to load. For all planning applications since 1 January 2008 the following documents are available to view online:
- planning applications including forms, plans and supporting documents
- officer reports
- decision notices
- Section 106 agreements and scoping documents (if applicable)
- appeal submissions and decisions (if applicable)
Representations to include objection letters are not available to view online and are only available to view at the council offices.
If you have difficulty viewing plans online, they are available to be viewed at the council offices. For proposals outside of the Basingstoke Town area then the relevant town or parish council may have a copy available of any current planning applications. To find details of the relevant Town or Parish Clerk please click here
Any applications and supporting documents received by the council that are published on this website from 1 August 2008, the council will take reasonable steps to remove personal (but not business) telephone numbers, email addresses and signatures before publication.
Planning applications have been edited in this way since 1 August 2008, but other documents published before this date may not have been. Anyone who wishes their signature, personal telephone number(s) or personal email address(es) to be removed from documents published before this date should contact the Development Control team by email email@example.com
or by phoning 01256 844844 with details of the documents.
If you have questions about the planning system, information can be found using the 'Find an answer' section of the website
or for more general and full information on the planning system refer to the Planning Portal using the links below:
If you want to make a planning application online please follow this link: Planning applications online
- Guide to the planning process - offers a brief introduction to the planning system and some explanation of what planning is for and why it is important. It is intended for both householders and businesses and explains why planning controls are necessary and how decisions are made
- Appeal - if you get a decision from the council that you disagree with, or the application is not decided within a set period (normally eight weeks), you have a right to appeal
- Study - this aims to help people to teach or learn about land use planning at all levels and in all types of education.