Applications may only be submitted to Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council on the new National 1APP paper forms, or on-line through the Planning Portal.
All applications must comply with the information and document requirements as set out in the National Requirements checklist and the Local Requirements checklist for any given application type.
The following information is displayed under each application type.
- Application form and guidance notes
- Fee information
- Planning application requirements
55% of planning applications last year were invalid when submitted. It is important to ensure that your application is complete and has been checked before submitting it to us, to prevent any delays in dealing with your application. Details of the information required for different types of application can be found by clicking on the application form within the various application types below.
The top 5 reasons why applications are not valid when received are:
- Discrepancies between plans – eg. a window shown on a floor plan must also be shown on the elevation plan.
- Certificates – as part of the application forms you are required to complete an ownership and ‘agricultural holding certificate’ and these are often missed and not submitted.
- Planning fees – these need to accompany the application and until they are received the application will remain invalid.
- Unauthorised use of Ordnance Survey plans – unless you have a licence to reprint OS plans using them as your application plans is restricted by copyright. You can buy authorised plans from the OS website or the Planning Portal.
- Disclaimer on plans – where a plan has ‘do not scale’ on it we will have to seek the plan author’s agreement to remove this from the plan. All plans submitted as part of a planning application must be able to be scaled from.
Example of the type of plans required as part of a planning application submission. (PDF 127KB)
Please note that A3 size plans are preferable and we are unable to accept plans larger than A1 size.
Select the application, relevant to the proposal, from the list below: