Services for children and young people
Children's Services for the Basingstoke area are provided by Hampshire County Council (HCC), find out more by visiting their website - Support for children and young people in Hampshire
Basingstoke and Deane Youth Participation Group
We are currently working with young people to establish a participation group to give young a voice on issues that affect them. For more information and/or to get involved please contact the Community Development Officer (Children, Young People and Families) by phoning 01256 845338 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any concerns because you think that a child might be being abused and you want to talk to someone or ask someone to find out what is going on, you should contact the Children’s Services Department.
During office hours, 8.30am to 5pm, call 0300 555 1384. At all other times you should contact the out-of-hours service 0300 555 1373.
For all emergency situations call 999.
If you think a child or young person under the age of 18 has been or is being abused by a person in a position of trust, contact the County Council's Allegations Officer.
The Strategy is based on three underlying principles namely:
- increased involvement
- improved awareness
- extending access.
It also responds to four emerging priorities arising from consultation with young people, namely:
- having things to do
- getting to places
- having a say
- safer communities.
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council recognises the importance of play for all children in the borough and that opportunities to play should be safe and freely chosen by the child.
We are working in partnership with RCS Play Services to:
- Provide support, encouragement and advice, as appropriate, to all individuals/groups working with children and young people relating to play opportunities
- encourage and support community participation in the provision of play.
- Support, promote and deliver sustainable community play provision, including ‘open access’ schemes and special needs play schemes during school holidays
- be the voice of play for the borough.
- Work in partnership with relevant statutory, voluntary/community and private sectors to influence policy and raise awareness of the value of play.
- Provide play work training to increase participants knowledge, awareness and understanding of play.
Information for parents and carers
You can find helpful information if you are a parent and/or carer for children and young people aged 0-16 years (or up to 19 years with additional needs) by visiting Hampshire County Council's webpages; information for parents and carers.
Hampshire Family Information Directory
The Hampshire Family Information Directory provides a directory of children's services, including: things for children to do, places to go, schooling information, health, safety, leisure as well as details on working with children and services available.