Living and working in Basingstoke
Within easy reach of London, Basingstoke is a fast paced, vibrant and modern town with many successful businesses, surrounded by picturesque villages and set in the stunning Hampshire countryside. The area includes Highclere Castle, the setting of TV’s Downton Abbey.
There are activities for every interest, including an international concert hall, a regional shopping centre, indoor sky-diving centre and impressive sports and leisure facilities.
Once you visit you’ll find it’s a place that you want to stay and build a successful future!
Want to work at a place where:
- innovation is part of your everyday work?
- lots of exciting developments are happening?
- you are 45 minutes from London but with lovely Hampshire villages and countryside on the doorstep?
- you are in a high-tech town with regional class leisure facilities, offering everything from indoor skydiving to stand-up comedy?
- there are lots of challenges and opportunities?
Take a look at Hampshire County Council's webpages on Moving to Hampshire - the complete guide for more information on the local area, including health, childcare and education.
Living and working in Basingstoke - a guide
We have produced a guide in partnership with other organisations which provide local services. We hope this guide helps you find out more about Basingstoke and where you can get practical. You can find a copy of the guide below.
Human Resources team
Telephone: 01256 845584