Why hasn't my waste or recycling been collected?
If your waste or recycling hasn't been collected, please check your bin collection dates.
If your bins/glass box or garden waste sack were placed on the kerbside outside your property, at the point nearest to the public highway, by 7am on the date of collection, there may be another reason why they weren't collected.
Why your household waste bin may not have emptied
- it contained items which can be recycled, for example glass or plastic bottles
- more than one bin was put out for collection
- bin may be damaged so it can't be lifted safely
- too heavy to lift
- it contains items such as:
Why your recycling bin may not have been emptied
- contaminated with non-recyclable items, for example black sacks of waste, plastic packaging or polystyrene
- contains glass bottles or jars - these should be placed in your glass recycling box or bin
- bin may be damaged so it can't be lifted safely.
Find out more information on what can and can't be put in your recycling bin by visiting our webpage - What can I put in my recycling bag or bin?
Why your glass box or bin may not been emptied
- your glass box was overfilled
- contain glass that cannot be recycled, such as drinking glasses, light bulbs, glass panes, lead crystal glass, glass ovenware.
Why your garden waste bag may not been emptied
- contains food waste, fruit and vegetable peelings
- contains soil, turf, stones or rubble
For more information on what can and can't be put in your garden waste sack, please take a look at our garden waste collection webpage.