Other ways to get involved

Get in touch with your local councillor


Councillors can help you with any ideas you may have to improve council services. To find out which councillor represents you area (you may have up to three depending on the size of the ward you live in), take a look at our webpage on borough councillors.

Start a petition

If there is an issue in your area you and other people in your community would like to raise with the council you can start a petition.

Find out how to start a new petition

Ask questions at a council meeting

The council has a public participation scheme to give you the opportunity to question the people who make the local decisions that affect you at the beginning of council and committee meetings. For more information, take a look at the following documents:

PDF document Cabinet and committee public participation (PDF, 272 kb)

PDF document Public participation at Council meetings (PDF, 206 kb)

PDF document Public participation at Development Control meetings (PDF, 277 kb)

There are special arrangements for those speaking on planning applications at Development Control Committee. For more information email customer.service@basingstoke.gov.uk or call 01256 844844.


Help us improve this website

Send us your feedback about this page.

Please answer the question below:
© 2014 – 2016 Basingstoke & Deane Borough Council