Adopted Local Plan 2011 - 2029
On 26 May 2016, Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council adopted the Local Plan 2011-2029. The adopted Local Plan forms part of the statutory development plan for the borough, sets out the Council’s vision and strategy for the area until 2029 and will provide the basis for decisions on planning applications.
The Local Plan covers the administrative area of Basingstoke and Deane and replaces the ‘saved’ policies of the Adopted Local Plan (1996 – 2011).
The Adopted Local Plan, Adoption Statement and the Sustainability Appraisal (incorporating the Strategic Environmental Assessment) Adoption Statement can be viewed below.
View details of the evidence base for the Local Plan.
Hard copies of all the relevant documents are available to view at Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council Offices between the hours of 8.30am and 5pm on Mondays to Thursdays and 8.30am and 4.30pm on Fridays, and at Basingstoke Discovery Centre.
Policy Framework for determining planning applications
The development plan, for the purposes of the determination of planning applications, consists of:
- The Adopted Local Plan (2011 - 2029)
- Adopted Policies Map
- The Oakley and Deane Neighbourhood Plan for applications relating to the Parishes of Oakley and Deane.
- The Overton Neighbourhood Plan for applications relating to the Parish of Overton
- In addition, the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) must be taken into account in the determination of planning applications.
- Account also needs to be taken of Policy NRM6 of the South East Plan, all other elements of the Plan have been revoked.
National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF)
The NPPF was published by the Government on the 27 March 2012. The NPPF is a key part of the Government's reforms to make the planning system less complex and more accessible, to protect the environment and to promote sustainable growth. It replaces national planning policy and guidance in the form of Planning Policy Statements (PPSs) and Planning Policy Guidance (PPGs). The final document, as published by the Government, is available to download below.
Impact of NPPF on determination of planning applications
Please also see below a copy of the Development Control Committee Report, dated 18 April 2012 which discusses the NPPF and its impact on the determination of planning applications.
Local Plan team
Telephone: 01256 844844