Worried about a neighbour?

If you are worried about a neighbour because you don't think they are getting the support they need, you could help them by making sure they know about all the different services listed on this website and offering to make contact on their behalf if they find communication difficult. You may want to seek advice from one of the following agencies as to how you might follow up any concerns you may have about someone you know.

Basingstoke NeighbourCare

NeighbourCare is a voluntary organisation set up to offer care and assistance to anyone in need.

Contact 01256 423855.

Citizens Advice Bureau

The Citizens Advice Bureau helps people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free information and advice.

For Basingstoke and Tadley area please go to http://www.basingstokeandtadleycab.org.uk/ or go to the Citizen's Advice Bureau general advice website at http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/

Hampshire County Council

The Adult Services Department provides advice, care and support for adults.

HantsDirect - Adult Services - 0300 5551386 or 0300 555 1373 (out of hours) or email adult.services@hants.gov.uk

The Children's Services Department aims to improve the life chances for children and young people. It is responsible for a wide range of services including childcare, education from ages three to 19, support for disabled children and those with special educational needs, adoption and fostering.

If you have any concerns about a child's physical or mental welfare and you want to talk to someone about this, you should contact the Children’s Services Department.

HantsDirect - Children’s Services - 0300 555 1384 or 0300 555 1373 (out of hours) or email childrens.services@hants.gov.uk

During office hours from 8.30am to 5pm) - you should contact Hantsdirect on 0845 603 5620 or email childrens.services@hants.gov.uk.

At all other times, you should contact the out-of-hours emergency service on 0845 600 4555. If this line is engaged you will be put through to an answerphone. Leave your name and number and you will be called back as quickly as possible.

Housing Associations

If your neighbour is a tenant of a housing association, you could contact the Housing Association and raise any concerns with them directly.


Help us improve this website

Send us your feedback about this page.

Please answer the question below:
© 2014 – 2016 Basingstoke & Deane Borough Council