CIL Spending and Infrastructure Funding Statement (IFS)
CIL income received by the Borough Council will be allocated in line with the list below, in line with a report to Borough Councillors of January 2018, which is reflected in a report to Full Council of February 2018.
- 25% to Town/Parish Councils with an adopted Neighbourhood Plan.
- 15% to Town/Parish Councils without an adopted Neighbourhood Plan and unparished town areas (capped at £100 per council tax dwelling).
- Town area allocation to be co-ordinated with the Local Infrastructure Fund (LIF).
- 5% allocation to cover programme management costs which will be reviewed in the future once the new system has been established.
- 70% to 80% balance for infrastructure schemes identified on the Infrastructure List (opens in a new window) (PDF) [200kb]
Further details can be found on the CIL payments to Town and Parish Councils page.
Infrastructure Funding Statement
The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) for Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council was implemented on 25 June 2018 and since 2020, Government regulations have required CIL Charging Authorities to prepare an Infrastructure Funding Statement (IFS) for each financial year since 2019/20. The purpose of this is to outline details of what CIL has been received and spent in the previous year, as well as what planning obligations have been secured and spent / provided for over the same period. Available to download below are the IFS documents for:
It should be noted that no CIL payments were made to the Borough Council for the financial year 2018/19.
The IFS document also contains the Infrastructure List (opens in a new window) (PDF) [200kb], which replaces the previous Regulation 123 list in respect of future CIL spend. This was adopted by the Borough Council’s Cabinet on 1 December 2020.
Community Infrastructure Levy
If you have an enquiry about the Community Infrastructure Levy please email CILcharge@basingstoke.gov.uk