COVID-19 support grant for businesses
Last updated: 13 January 2022 at 1.58pm
Please note before you complete the application at the bottom of the page please make sure you have read the information on this page as you will need to confirm on the application:
· That you qualify for the grant and your business is in one of the categories shown in the polices
· Your business meets the subsidy requirements
The grant schemes will close on 18 February 2022 at 5pm (this is due to the fact that the Government requires all pre-payment checks to be made on all applications before the 28 February 2021) and the ARG scheme may close earlier if all our funding has been allocated.
Please note we will only contact you if we require further evidence to support your application or if your application has been declined. If you do not hear from us your grant application has been successful and you will receive your grant funding by BACS. We aim to do this within 3 weeks of receiving your application.
On this page
Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant
In recognition that the rise of the Omicron variant means that some businesses are likely to struggle, the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant will support hospitality, leisure and accommodation business premises with one-off grants of up to £6,000. The following thresholds apply for these businesses:
Businesses occupying hereditaments appearing on the local rating list with a rateable value:
- of exactly £15,000 or under on 30 December 2021 will receive a payment of £2,667.
- over £15,000 and less than £51,000 on 30 December 2021 will receive a payment of £4,000.
- of exactly £51,000 or over on 30 December 2021 will receive a payment of £6,000.
The aim of the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant scheme is to support businesses:
- that offer in-person services
- where the main service and activity takes place in a fixed rate-paying premises
- in the hospitality, leisure and accommodation sectors
Businesses excluded from the fund
You cannot get funding if:
- your business is not on the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) ratings list as of 30 December 2021
- your business is in administration, insolvent or has been struck off the Companies House register
- your business was not trading on or before the 30 December 2021
- you will exceed the permitted subsidy allowance
For further information as to whether your business qualifies for this grant please see our policy below:
Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) support
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council will operate a scheme for a range of sectors who have felt both long-term impact of COVID-19 and more recent pressures due to the rise of the Omicron variant. We are allocating £1,120,762 to this scheme and it will operate on a first come first served basis.
The businesses in the following sectors will be eligible for this grant, as these sectors have either been directly impacted by the Omicron variant or support businesses who are severely impacted by coronavirus restrictions and the rise of the Omicron variant. Please note this is for businesses both with and without a business rates account.
Businesses in the supply chain for overseas travel, UK travel, holidays and the airline sector. This includes:
- Hotels, B&Bs and other accommodation providers. This includes animal boarding facilities
- Travel agents
- Travel brokers
- Tour operators
- Coach operators
- School travel companies
- English language schools
- Businesses in the events sector, including:
- Event venues (including theatres, arenas and concert halls), organisers and providers
- Event production companies
- Destination management organisations
- Catering companies
- Conference centres and other event venues
- Event photography businesses
- Wedding venues
Eligible businesses will receive a one-off grant payment at one of the following levels, based on the rateable value of their premises:
- £8,000 for businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or less (Business with a business rates account eligible for the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant will receive £5,333)
- £12,000 for businesses with a rateable value greater than £15,000 and less than £51,000 (Business with a business rates account eligible for the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant will receive £8,000)
- £18,000 for businesses with a rateable value of exactly £51,000 or above (Business with a business rates account eligible for the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant will receive £12,000)
Businesses that do not pay business-rates will receive the first level of funding £8,000
- Businesses who would be eligible for the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant but who do not have a business rates account.
- Businesses who provide in-person services, specifically personal care and sports provision.
- Taxi and transport services.
- Businesses whose main income is derived from supplying these types of businesses (the ‘supply chain’).
Eligible businesses will receive a one-off grant payment at one of the following levels, based on the rateable value of their premises. Businesses who are eligible for the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant will not be eligible for this support.
- £2,667 for businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or less
- £4,000 for businesses with a rateable value greater than £15,000 and less than £51,000
- £6,000 for businesses with a rateable value of exactly £51,000 or above
Businesses that do not pay business-rates will receive the first level of funding £2,667
A non-exhaustive list of specifically eligible types of businesses for both tiers is available in Annex A. For further information as to whether your business qualifies for this grant please see our policy below:
How to apply
Eligible businesses will need to complete the online application form, provide your business rates account reference number (if applicable), business premises address and bank details, including a bank statement which is in the name of the business to receive the business support grant.
Further evidence will be required if your business is not liable for business rates such as a signed lease agreement, letter from your landlord or proof of rent payments. If you run your business from home you will also need to provide proof of how your business is advertised, social media, website address and proof you reside at the property. We will be able to check the council tax records or you can provide a copy of your driving license which shows your address.
Your business premises must be within the borough of Basingstoke and Deane. Please note further checks may be needed to verify the business, therefore contact details must be provided. Please note the below application form is for businesses to complete for either the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant or the Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG).
If you know your business meets the criteria for the grant however are unsure which grant you are entitled to please complete the application form and the council will assess your eligibility and decide which grant you are entitled to.
Please note if you have a business rates account and are entitled to the OHL grant, you may also be entitled to a top up from the ARG funding if your business is in the accommodation or event venue sectors.