Skate parks, BMX facilities and basketball
Skate parks reopened
We have reopened borough council owned skate parks following the latest government guidance and with advice from Skateboard England.
The outdoor skate facilities at the
- War Memorial Park,
- Rooksdown Park,
- Daniel Road in Whitchurch,
- Thornhill Way,
- Chineham Park and
- Loddon Valley open space
are now open to use following the change in government advice allowing up to six people to meet outside, while observing social distancing.
Signage has been placed at all locations reminding users to keep a safe space while using the skateparks. We will continue to closely monitor these sites.
Skateboard England has also issued the following guidance on using skateparks safely:
- Do not enter the skatepark if you have any Covid-19 flu-like symptoms or if you have been in contact with anybody who has.
- Only use a skatepark if you are actively skateboarding – and leave immediately after you finish.
- Only skate on your own, with members of your household or with up to five other people from outside your household, while keeping two metres apart at all times.
- No congregating in crowds.
- No fist-bumps, high-fives, hugs or sharing equipment or refreshments.
- Clean your skateboard, equipment and your hands with antibacterial wipes before you enter the skatepark and immediately after you leave.
- Only one person should complete a run at a time.
- Don’t try any dangerous moves or tricks – think safe and protect the NHS.
There are a number of facilities for young people in the borough that are free to use at any time. Chineham Community Games area provides an exciting range of recreation activities for young people in an attractive park setting. Play equipment is designed for older children and teenagers. The site also has a floodlit undercover ball court with football and basketball provision. Additional features to enhance the facilities were installed in 2014.
BMX facilities are available at:
- War Memorial Park
- Chineham Community Games area
- Beggarwood Park
- Daniel Road, Whitchurch
Basketball courts are also available at the following schools to hire outside of school hours, please contact the school direct.
Skateboard ramps are available in the following areas:
- The War Memorial Park
- Loddon Valley Open Space, Old Basing
- Rooksdown Park
- Chineham Park
- Daniel Road, Whitchurch
- Thornhill Way
- Tadley Recreation Ground*
- Sapley Lane Playing Fields, Overton*
- Beech Park, Oakley*
*maintained by Parish Council
Basketball goals are located at:
- Hatch Warren Community Centre
- Chineham Community Games Area
- Popley Fields Community Centre
|Brighton Hill Community College||Tel: 01256 350606
|Testbourne Community School||Tel: 01256 892261 (Community Office)
Website Testbourne Community School
|Costello Technology College||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: Costello Technology College
|Cranbourne Business and Enterprise College||Tel: 01256 868600
Website: Cranbourne Business and Enterprise College