Change of circumstances

If you are in receipt of housing benefit and/or council tax support benefit and your circumstances change you must notify the benefits team immediately. There are various ways that you can do this.

  • Register for an online account – Once registered you will be able to easily report changes in your circumstances. In addition you will be able to view your entitlement and payment details at a time that suits you. You can also sign up to view your notification letters online. For more details about the benefits of an online account please visit our view your claim online.
  • Complete a change in circumstances form.
  • Email providing details of the change and any relevant evidence.

Online change of circumstances form

You must tell us if:

  • any of your children leave school or home
  • your childcare stops, starts or changes
  • anyone moves in or out of your home
  • your income or the income of anyone living with you, including benefits, changes
  • your capital savings or investments change
  • you or anyone living with you, becomes a student, goes onto a youth training scheme, goes into hospital or a nursing home, goes into prison, or gets, changes or leaves a job
  • your rent changes
  • you move
  • you or your partner is going to be away from home
  • you receive any decision from the home office
  • there are any other changes.

Contact us

  • Contact us online
  • 01256 844844
  • Civic Offices
    London Road
    RG21 4AH
  • Opening hours
    Monday to Thursday
    8.30am to 5pm
    8.30am to 4.30pm
Give us feedback