Children, young people and families in Basingstoke
Basingstoke and Deane Youth Participation Group
We are currently working with young people to establish a participation group to give young people a voice on issues that affect them. For more information and/or to get involved please contact the Children, Young People and Families Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Networking forum
The Youth Networking Forum brings together professionals and volunteers working with young people in the borough. They share best practice and resources addressing the needs of the community. Forum members will work together to develop positive and effective services for young people throughout the borough.
The Youth Network Forum Membership is made up of representatives from the following sectors/organisations:
- Public Sector
- Voluntary Sector
- Private Sector
In particular but the list is not extensive:
- Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council
- Faith Groups
- Hard to Reach Young People
- Children in Care
- Uniformed Groups (Scouts, Brownies)
The group's objectives are to:
- Identify best practice approaches addressing the needs of communities
- Enable discussion around common issues that affect services or young people
- Assist with the development of future youth initiatives within Basingstoke and Deane
- Develop existing and new youth workers through qualification and training
- Provide, develop and implement a Youth Network Accreditation Scheme
- Coordinate cost effective youth provision
- Increase the recruitment of volunteers through joined up approaches
- Encourage and support centres to open new youth facilities
For more information please contact the Children, Young People and Families team by emailing email@example.com
The Strategy is based on three underlying principles namely:
- increased involvement
- improved awareness
- extending access.
It also responds to four emerging priorities arising from consultation with young people, namely:
- having things to do
- getting to places
- having a say
- safer communities.
Information for parents and carers
You can find helpful information if you are a parent and/or carer for children and young people aged 0-16 years (or up to 19 years with additional needs) by visiting Hampshire County Council's webpages; information for parents and carers.
Hampshire Family Information Directory
The Hampshire Family Information Directory provides a directory of children's services, including: things for children to do, places to go, schooling information, health, safety, leisure as well as details on working with children and services available.