Community based floating support
Community based support is housing related support provided by some of our partner organisations. This kind of support is usually a free service to the customer and is for a temporary period.
First Point are providers of community based floating support and work with clients to maintain tenancies, develop independence and prevent the risk of losing accommodation through eviction. They can also help with other issues such as:
- Advocating with landlords and housing associations
- Making and managing appointments (even going with you if requested)
- Managing bills and compiling a budget
- Setting up repayment plans
- Filling out forms
- Accessing support services
- Claiming benefits or appealing a decision
- Support through eviction proceedings – including supporting you in court
- Housing searches
- Improving your quality of life through signposting and referral to courses, groups, community projects and volunteering
- Confidence building to increase your independence and live the life you want
You can attend one of the drop-in sessions to discuss your issues. Please see the timetable below.
|The Orchard||10am to 2pm||Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday|
(Homeless and vulnerable adults)
|11am to 1pm||Tuesday|
69 Worting Road, Basingstoke
|11am to 1pm||Fridays (fortnightly)|
|YMCA||10.30am and 12.30pm||Fridays (fortnightly)|
Alternatively you can call First Point on 01256 423805 or visit the website
If you are a professional and would like to make a support request for a client you are working with, please complete the referral form.
Housing Services team
If you need some advice about housing, send a message to the Housing Team.