Make a complaint

Please complete this form if you would like to complain about a service provided by Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council.

If your complaint is about a service provided by Hampshire County Council, for example pot holes or street lighting please visit Hampshire County Council's complaints page.

About your data
We will ask you for information in order to handle your enquiry and we may use it to contact you. Our privacy policy explains how we handle your personal data.

Your details

* = Required field
Enter a postcode, street name or house name etc.
Telephone Numbers
At least one daytime contact number is required.
A record of your completed request will be sent to this email address as confirmation of receipt.

Service details

* = Required field
What is a complaint?

A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction about the standard of service and/or its delivery, lack of action by the council, its staff or its agents, council policy, or attitude and/or behaviour of council staff.

What is not a complaint?
  • A request for service (e.g. noise problem).
  • A request for information or an explanation of council policy (e.g. level of Council Tax set).
  • Matters for which there is a right of appeal to an independent tribunal (e.g. planning applications).
  • Petitions.
  • Objection of Traffic Regulation Orders.
8000 character limit

If you are unable to find your address, check postcode/address finder.

Sign up for email updates

Receive information on council services, news and events by email.

© 2023 Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council