Cost of Living Community Fund
This scheme is now closed for applications.
With rising energy prices and inflation, many residents are facing significant challenges with the cost of living. The council recognises that many local community and voluntary organisations play a key role in supporting residents in need or facing difficult financial situations.
To support the sector with providing additional assistance to those residents who need it, the council launched the Cost of Living Community Fund, which is funded by the UK government through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund and Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council.
The UK Shared Prosperity Fund is a central pillar of the UK government’s Levelling Up agenda and provides £2.6 billion of funding for local investment by March 2025. The Fund aims to improve pride in place and increase life chances across the UK investing in communities and place, supporting local business, and people and skills. For more information visit GOV.UK website.
The Cost of Living Community Fund was open to any not-for-profit community or voluntary sector organisation or group operating and delivering services in the borough of Basingstoke and Deane.
Applications to the scheme needed to:
- demonstrate clearly how the funding will help residents of the borough of Basingstoke and Deane with the rising cost of living
- evidence there is a real community need for what the funding is being sought for
- have clear measurable outputs and outcomes
Please note that this scheme is to fund small capital costs linked to the delivery of the activities aimed at supporting residents. However, significant physical improvements or changes to premises and facilities are not eligible under this scheme.
Examples of activities and services organisations could apply for funding for included:
- providing advice and assistance with financial and debt management
- providing emergency food supplies or essential household items
- providing mental health support to those residents facing crisis due to the rising cost of living
- supporting residents with better energy use and energy efficiency
- supporting residents with reducing food waste
All enquiries about the scheme and application process should also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost of Living Community Fund - round one - successful applications(PDF) [61 kb]
Cost of Living Community Fund - round two - successful applicants(PDF) [157 kb]