Draft Council Plan 2023 to 2027
A draft Council Plan 2023 to 2027 was approved for consultation by the Cabinet at a meeting on Tuesday 8 November 2022.
The consultation has now closed. Councillors will consider the comments made and are due to adopt a final version of the Council Plan 2023 to 2027 in February.
What the council plan does
The draft Council Plan 2023 to 2027 sets out the overall priorities we want to achieve for our residents, our businesses and our borough and guides what we do.
It sets out what we intend to prioritise as a council for our borough over the next four years. This is supported by our draft budget and Medium-Term Financial Strategy that set out how we will fund the delivery of the priorities.
Priorities and proposals
The draft Council Plan for 2023 to 2027 proposes to focus on three overall priorities that link closely together:
- A place where people can live happily.
- A borough where the environment can flourish.
- A council that provides good quality services for our residents.
This is a key document for the council and the plan will be resourced through the council’s budget for 2023/24 and Medium-Term Financial Strategy.
- freezing the borough council’s part of council tax next year and not increasing parking charges to help residents struggling with the cost of living
- focusing on improving services and enhancing facilities for communities, as well as planning for a great future
- improving our recycling and waste collections that currently don’t meet the high standards of service our residents deserve
- providing support and advice for those affected by the rise in the cost of living
- pushing forward with our ground-breaking partnership work committed to ending rough sleeping by 2024
- enriching everyday life in the borough, including building on our growing reputation for innovative community culture and arts initiatives and events
- tackling climate change in all we do to meet our challenging carbon neutral targets
- ensuring that communities are sustainable and that our environment is protected and enhanced, supporting the ecological emergency declaration.
If you need this document in another format or language, please contact us.