We work closely with Basingstoke Voluntary Action (BVA).
BVA is a membership organisation for voluntary and community sector (VCS) groups across Basingstoke and Deane. Free membership of BVA recognises the quality and standards of operating for VCS organisations and offers the following benefits to member organisations:
Development guidance and support:
- Advice on setting up and developing your organisation.
- Guidance on finding funding and fundraising strategies.
- Training courses and workshops.
- Organisational health checks.
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks for your staff and volunteers.
Volunteering support and promotion:
- Advice and guidance on promoting your volunteering opportunities.
- Regular drop-in and volunteering awareness sessions.
- Matching service for potential volunteers with local organisations.
- Access to the Volunteering North Hants platform.
Community facilities and office support:
- Meeting and training room hire at The Orchard (discounted for member organisations).
- Printing, photocopying and back office administration support services.
- Office suites for hire including the use of the registered address service for home based organisations.
Are you a community voluntary organisation looking for volunteers?
Getting the right people volunteering for your organisation can make your organisation more effective.
In the documents below, you will find some tips to help you attract the right volunteers to your organisation, covering subjects such as:
- Understanding why people volunteer.
- Creating the right environment.
- Being clear about what you need and what tasks you want your volunteers to carry out.
- Creating the right role.
- Making the role appealing.
- Making volunteers feel appreciated and valued.
Connected Communities Team