We work closely with Basingstoke Voluntary Action (BVA). We provide grant funding to help support the voluntary and community sector in Basingstoke and Deane.
- advice and support services to local organisations including
- set-up and development
- funding and fundraising
- capacity building.
- advice on volunteering and volunteering opportunities
- a quality assurance through its Simple Quality Protects accreditation
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.
For more information on the services that BVA provides, please visit the website - http://www.bvaction.org.uk/.
Improving partnership working
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council is signed up to the Hampshire County Council's 'One Compact'. A partnership agreement between the Voluntary and Community Sector and the Public Sector in Hampshire.
Compacts are agreements held between organisations to improve and maintain the relationship between them.
Are you a community voluntary organisation looking for volunteers?
Getting the right people volunteering for your organisation can make your organisation more effective.
In the documents below, you will find some tips to help you attract the right volunteers to your organisation, covering subjects such as:
- Understanding why people volunteer.
- Creating the right environment.
- Being clear about what you need and what tasks you want your volunteers to carry out.
- Creating the right role.
- Making the role appealing.
- Making volunteers feel appreciated and valued.
Community Investment Team