The EU Settlement Scheme

The deadline for most people to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme was 30 June 2021.

You can still apply if either:

  • the deadline for you to apply is after 30 June 2021
  • you have ‘reasonable grounds’ for why you did not apply by the deadline

If you’re an EU, EEA (European Economic Area) or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021. The EEA includes the EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.

Use the online tool and follow this guide that takes you through all the steps to find out if you should apply.

This guidance sets out the documents you will need in order to make your application - what documents you’ll need to apply

How to get help with your application

Contact the EU Settlement Scheme Resolution Centre

The Resolution Centre is open seven days a week and can help and advise you on your application.

Contact the EU Settlement Scheme Resolution Centre by phone or online

Basingstoke or Tadley Citizens Advice

For telephone advice please call:

Basingstoke Citizens Advice - 08082 787829

Tadley Citizens Advice - 08082 787987

Website :

Viables Community Centre, Basingstoke

You can also get digital help to use the EU Settlement Scheme online application form if you do not have access, skills or confidence to complete the form.

In Basingstoke and Deane this service is available by appointment at Viables Community Centre.

To arrange an appointment, please call We are Digital on 03333 445675.

Settlement status

If your application is successful, you’ll be given either:

  • settled status
  • pre-settled status

You will not be asked to choose which you’re applying for. Which status you get depends on how long you’ve been living in the UK when you apply. Your rights will be different depending on which status you get.

Find out what settled status and pre-settled status means

Further guidance for UK nationals living in the EU

Find out further information on the rights and status of UK nationals living in the European Union, European Economic Area (EEA) and European Free Trade Area (EFTA), and Switzerland by reading the Government's advice for UK nationals or check the guidance for the country you are living in.

Living and working in Basingstoke and Deane

There is advice and guidance available for people living and working in Basingstoke and Deane on our webpage - Living and Working in Basingstoke and Deane.

Sign up for email updates

Receive information on council services, news and events by email.

© 2023 Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council