UK Parliamentary General Election - Thursday 8 June 2017
Following the vote in the House of Commons on 19 April 2017 a UK Parliamentary General Election will be held on Thursday 8 June 2017. A copy of the statutory timetable can be downloaded below.
The borough of Basingstoke and Deane is covered by three constituencies which will be administered for the election by:
- Basingstoke, which will be administered by Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council.
- North East Hampshire, which will be administered by Hart District Council.
- North West Hampshire, which will be administered by Test Valley Borough Council.
All constituencies will be administered by the Electoral Registration Officer at Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council for electoral registration.
For more information on Parliamentary Constituencies, please visit www.parliament.uk
In order to vote in these elections, you need to be registered on the Basingstoke and Deane Register of Electors and you must be:
- resident in Basingstoke and Deane on the date of the election
- a British, Irish or Commonwealth citizen
- 18 years old or over.
If you are an eligible elector and you are already on the Register of Electors for Basingstoke and Deane, you do not need to re-register for these elections.
Information on how to register. The deadline for applying to register for voting in the election is Monday 22 May 2017.
If you are unable to get to your polling station on Thursday 8 June 2017, you can apply for a postal or proxy vote. If you would like to know more information about these options visit the Postal and Proxy voting webpage.
- The deadline to apply to vote by post is 5pm on Tuesday 23 May 2017.
- If you apply to vote by post before Tuesday 2 May 2017, your postal vote will be dispatched first class on or about Friday 19 May 2017.
- If you apply after Tuesday 2 May 2017 and before the final deadline of 5pm on Tuesday 23 May 2017, your postal vote will be dispatched first class on Tuesday 30 May 2017.
An application form to vote by post is available below. Please note that you will need to print this form and complete it as a signature is required in order to complete the form. Closing date for postal vote applications 5pm Tuesday 23 May 2017.
- The deadline to apply to vote by proxy at these elections is 5pm on Wednesday 31 May 2017.
- Application form for proxy vote is available below. Please note that you will need to print this form and complete it as a signature is required in order to complete the form.
Completed forms can be posted back to the address shown below, or can be scanned in and emailed to email@example.com
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council
Further information about these elections will follow in due course.
Candidates and Agents
If you are interested in standing for election, further information can be found at Guidance for Candidates and Agents. You will also be able to find out about the processes you will need to follow to stand for election.
Please contact the Electoral Services at Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council if you wish to stand in the Basingstoke constituency.
Statement of Persons Nominated and Notice of Poll and situation of polling stations
Notice of Election Agents Names and Offices
Notice of Elections
Electoral Services team
If you have an enquiry about electoral services, send a message to the Electoral Services Team