Hampshire County Council Election - 4 May 2017
The Hampshire County Council election is scheduled to take place on Thursday 4 May 2017.
View the composite notice of election including the other Hampshire areas for the Hampshire County Council elections.
In order to vote in these elections, you need to be registered on the Basingstoke and Deane Register of Electors and you must be:
- Resident in Basingstoke and Deane on the date of the election
- A British, Irish or Commonwealth citizen, or a citizen of a member state of the European Union
- 18 years old or over
If you are an eligible elector and you are already on the Register of Electors for Basingstoke and Deane, you do not need to re-register for these elections.
Information on how to register. The deadline for applying to register for voting in the election is Thursday 13 April 2017.
If you are unable to get to your polling station on 4 May 2017, you can apply for a postal or proxy vote. If you would like to know more information about these options visit the Postal and Proxy voting webpage.
- the deadline to apply to vote by post is 5pm on Tuesday 18 April 2017.
- If you apply to vote by post before 31 March 2017, your postal vote will be dispatched first class on 12 April 2017.
- If you apply after 31 March 2017 and before the final deadline of 5pm on Tuesday 18 April 2017, your postal vote will be dispatched first class on 24 April.
- Application form to vote by post is available below. Please note that you will need to print this form and complete it as a signature is required in order to complete the form.
- the deadline to apply to vote by proxy at these elections is 5pm on Tuesday 25 April 2017.
- Application form for proxy vote is available below. Please note that you will need to print this form and complete it as a signature is required in order to complete the form.
Completed forms can be posted back to the address shown below, or can be scanned in and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council
Further information about these elections will follow in due course.
Candidates and Agents
If you are interested in standing for election, further information can be found at Guidance for Candidates and Agents at Local Elections. You will also be able to find out about the processes you will need to follow to stand for election.
You may also find the following documents useful: