The M3 Local Enterprise Partnership is supporting significant investment in the Borough’s transport infrastructure with funding also provided by Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council and Hampshire County Council. The schemes will support policies in the Local Plan and the Infrastructure Delivery Plan, and will assist in reducing congestion and provide additional capacity to accommodate future jobs and housing growth.
A summary of the proposed schemes is provided on this page, although it should be noted that the detail of these will evolve as the schemes are worked up by Hampshire County Council and will be published on their webpages.
Road and transport schemes
A3010 Thornycroft roundabout, for implementation 2019/20 to 2020/21
- Full signalisation of all roundabout approaches.
- Widening of the roundabout circulatory carriageway.
- Provision of a toucan crossing to the east of the roundabout on A3010 / Churchill Way West close to Wickes Store.
The works commenced in July 2019 and is expected to conclude in January 2021.
Brighton Hill roundabout, for implementation 2020/21 - 2022/23
- Full signalisation of all roundabout approaches
- Closure of Western Way to southbound traffic, with the provision of an alternative route through the Camrose ground (subject to planning approval)
- Improved pedestrian and cycling facilities