Home Energy Conservation Act (HECA)
Under the Home Energy Conservation Act (HECA), the UK Government requires all local authorities to publish reports demonstrating what energy conservation measures they have adopted to improve the energy efficiency of residential accommodation within their area.
These reports are currently submitted every two years and from 2021 cover the following areas:
- The capacity of local supply chains to support home retrofit and energy-saving measures
- Improving the energy efficiency of social housing
- Minimum energy efficiency standards for the private rental sector
- Financial support for energy efficiency
- Reducing fuel poverty
- Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery scheme
- Use of the Energy Company Obligation to help those in fuel-poor households
- Promoting awareness and the uptake of smart meters
Our reports published under the Home Energy Conservation Act are available to view using the links below.
Climate Change team
If you have an enquiry about climate change or sustainability, send a message to the Climate Change Team