Basingstoke Leisure Park
Situated on 60 acres of land near the town centre and owned freehold by Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council, a new master plan for the leisure park is being developed with BDP with a focus on brownfield land that has recently become available for immediate development.
The council is looking for private sector partners to take up development opportunities and add exciting new facilities and uses to the existing leisure offer, which includes:
- iFly Indoor Skydiving - host to this year’s British Indoor Skydiving Nationals.
- Milestones Museum - an award-winning modern living history museum with more than 20,000 objects.
- Planet Ice Ice-skating rink - a new sponsorship agreement with the English Ice Hockey Association and the NIHL will see the brand be known as the Planet Ice National Ice Hockey League.
- Aquadrome - opportunity to create modernised facilities, including a larger competition swimming pool, upgraded flumes and family leisure water area, a spinning studio, a multi-level soft play zone and an indoor adventure climbing, larger fitness suite with more stations and extra health suite facilities.
- Various restaurants and take-aways.
- Hollywood Bowl - bowling alley.
- Situated next door to Basingstoke Golf Centre & Knights Realm - an 18-hole adventure golf course and 9-hole pitch-and-putt.
Basingstoke and Deane is home to 178,000 people with 25% being under the age of 25 and it was named in the top 50 places to live in Britain in Halifax's annual Quality of Life survey, based on the area’s employment rate, earnings, housing affordability, health and wellbeing, education, traffic and crime rates.
If you are interested in being part of the transformation of Basingstoke Leisure Park, email email@example.com