Living and working in Basingstoke
Within easy reach of London, Basingstoke is a fast paced, vibrant and modern town with many successful businesses, surrounded by pretty villages and set in the stunning Hampshire countryside. The area includes Highclere Castle, the setting of TV’s Downton Abbey.
There are activities for every interest, including a concert hall, a regional shopping centre, indoor sky-diving centre and impressive sports and leisure facilities.
Once you visit you’ll find it’s a place that you want to stay and build a successful future!
Want to work at a place where:
- innovation is part of your everyday work?
- lots of exciting developments are happening?
- you are 45 minutes from London but with lovely Hampshire villages and countryside on the doorstep?
- you are in a high-tech town with regional class leisure facilities, offering everything from indoor skydiving to stand-up comedy?
- there are lots of challenges and opportunities?
Take a look at Hampshire County Council's webpages on Moving to Hampshire - the complete guide for more information on the local area, including health, childcare and education.
Living and working in Basingstoke - a guide
Together with organisations which provide local services, Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council has produced a Guide to Living and Working in the borough. The Guide includes information on:
- Entering, staying and working in the UK
- Important paperwork
- Money and banking
- Setting up home
- Schools and learning
- Travelling in Basingstoke
- Health services
- Staying safe and Emergencies
- Business development and enterprise agencies
- Getting involved
- Ethnic minority community groups
- Faith groups
- Ethnic food stores
- Useful numbers in Basingstoke and Deane
A printed copy of the Guide is available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 01256 844844.
Human Resources Team