The council’s Environmental Renewal Scheme for Norn Hill to enhance communal areas and open spaces within the local neighbourhood completed in early 2023.
Works that have taken place to enhance communal areas have included:
- Installation of a new macadam footpath to rear of Coleman Close on line of existing desire line to protect and tidy up grass area.
- Installation of bow top fencing along edge of open space at Coleman Close to discourage ball games against property whilst maintaining natural surveillance.
- Installation of new bench at Brocas Drive.
- Clearance and replanting of areas with low planting against low walls for neater appearance whilst increasing natural surveillance and discouraging fly tipping.
- Replanting and reseeding to enhance neglected areas
- Ornamental tree and bulb planting.
These improvements were implemented following the residents consultation that was carried out in October 2022.