Old Basing and Lychpit Neighbourhood Plan (2015-2029)
The Old Basing and Lychpit Neighbourhood Plan 2015-2029 was 'made' at Full Council on 19 July 2018. The Plan forms part of the Development Plan for the parish and will be used to guide planning decisions in Old Basing and Lychpit. A copy of the final version of the Old Basing and Lychpit Neighbourhood Plan and Decision Statement can be viewed below:
- Old Basing and Lychpit Neighbourhood Plan (final version)
- Decision Statement
- SEA and HRA Screening Decision Notice
Hard copies of these documents can be viewed at Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council offices between the hours of 8.30am and 5pm on Mondays to Thursday and 8.30am and 4.30pm on Fridays, and at Basingstoke Discovery Centre and Chineham Library during their normal opening times.
From 19 July 2018, the Old Basing and Lychpit Neighbourhood Plan is subject to a six week period where applications can be made to the High Court on the grounds that the plans are not within the appropriate powers and/or a procedural requirement has not been complied with. This six week period of legal challenge ends on 30 August 2018.
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council agreed to proceed to a referendum on the draft Old Basing and Lychpit Neighbourhood Plan in April 2018. As required by the Neighbourhood Planning (General) regulations, a Decision Statement was published which can be found below.
The Referendum was held on Thursday 7 June 2018. The question asked in the referendum was:
"Do you want Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Old Basing and Lychpit to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?"
The plan received a positive vote at referendum with 86% of voters supporting the plan with a 21% turnout. Full results can be found here: https://www.basingstoke.gov.uk/npreferendum.
In accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning (Referendum) Regulations (2012) the council has published an Information Statement which sets out information relating to the referendum and also the following specified documents:
- The referendum version of the Old Basing and Lychpit Neighbourhood Plan;
- The independent examiner's report on the Old Basing and Lychpit Neighbourhood Plan;
- A summary of representations submitted to the independent examiner following consultation on the Plan;
- A Decision Statement from the Local Planning Authority which confirms the draft Neighbourhood Plan meets the basic conditions and other legislative requirements. It also confirms that the neighbourhood plan can proceed to referendum;
- A statement that sets out general information in respect of town and country planning, which includes neighbourhood planning.
Janet Cheesley of Chec Planning Ltd was appointed to carry out an independent examination the Old Basing and Lychpit Neighborhood Plan (OBL NP). She was appointed by the borough council, in agreement with Old Basing and Lychpit Parish Council, having been referred to the council by the Neighbourhood Planning Independent Examiner Referral Service (NPIERS). The role of the appointed examiner is to determine whether the Plan meets the Basic Conditions. The examination took place in February 2018 and was carried out by written representations. The examiner recommended that subject to a number of proposed modifications, the plan should proceed to referendum.
Information about the Referendum will be published by the council in due course.
On this page
- Correspondence between the Examiner, the borough council and Old Basing and Lychpit Parish Council (OBL PC)
- Publication (Regulation 16)
- Pre-submission (Regulation 14) Consultation
- Strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitats Regulations Assessment
- Neighbourhood Plan Area designation
Correspondence between the Examiner, the borough council and Old Basing and Lychpit Parish Council (OBL PC)
During the examination, the examiner requested that correspondence relevant to the examination be placed on the council's website, this can be found below:
- Email 1: OBL PC email to examiner regarding links to background documents (Dec 2017)
- Email 2: OBL PC email to examiner regarding traffic and transport evidence documents (Dec 2017)
- Email 3: OBL PC email to examiner regarding consultation with Historic England (Jan 2018)
- Email 4: Email from examiner to BDBC and OBL PC (Feb 2018)
The examiner has also requested that the links to the background evidence of the OBLNP is available to view on the council’s website.
Publication (Regulation 16)
The Old Basing and Lychpit Neighbourhood Plan (OBLNP) was submitted to Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council (BDBC) on 21 September 2017. The plan has been subject to a compliance check to ensure it accords with the relevant legislation. The borough council’s decision and completed checklist can be viewed below:
- BDBC Old Basing and Lychpit Neighbourhood Plan compliance checklist letter
- BDBC Old Basing and Lychpit Plan compliance checklist
The consultation on the submission Old Basing and Lychpit NP closed on 11 December 2017. Comments received in response to the Submission consultation (Regulation 16) have been passed to the appointed examiner. The council has produced a summary of representations and submitted it to the independent examiner. The representations, including from the borough council, can be viewed on the council’s consultation portal.
The submission Old Basing and Lychpit Neighbourhood Plan, Consultation Statement, Basic Conditions Statement, Old Basing and Lychpit NP Reg 14 comments and Old Basing and Lychpit Neighbourhood Plan Team response/actions, Old Basing and Lychpit NP Reg 14 comments from BDBC and Old Basing and Lychpit Neighbourhood Plan Team response/actions, the representation form, a guidance note on the consultation, Revised comments on SEA screening from Historic England and the public notice were made available at key locations in Old Basing and Lychpit parish and the borough, for more information please see the Consultation Statement above.
Pre-submission (Regulation 14) Consultation
Consultation on the Pre-Submission Old Basing and Lychpit Neighbourhood Plan took place from 22 May 2017 to 4 July 2017. For more information please visit the Old Basing and Lychpit Neighbourhood Plan website by visiting http://www.oldbasing.gov.uk/Neighbourhood_Plan_6896.aspx
Strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitats Regulations Assessment
The borough council has undertaken screening for Strategic Environment Assessment (SEA) and Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA). The results of the screening report and the decision notice is available to view below:
- Old Basing and Lychpit SEA and HRA Screening Report
- Old Basing and Lychpit SEA and HRA Screening Decision Notice
Neighbourhood Plan Area designation
The neighbourhood area was designated on 2 October 2014. Information associated with the neighbourhood area designation can be viewed below: