Popley Islands West Environmental Renewal Scheme 2020/21
The council’s Environmental Renewal Scheme for Popley Islands West was undertaken to enhance communal areas and open spaces within the local neighbourhood. The work began in January 2021 and involved clearing out old vegetation, removing tree stumps and tidying up areas that were overgrown.
Works that have taken place to enhance communal areas have included:
- Installation of a new footpath at Tewkesbury Open Space to allow easier access to benches and outdoor gym equipment.
- Installation and upgrade of the steps and pathway between Tobago Close and Speckled Wood Road making access easier between the two areas.
- Installation of wooden bollards in areas where parking on kerbs has been an issue.
- Clearance and replanting of areas to increase natural surveillance.
- Replanting and reseeding to enhance neglected areas
- Ornamental tree and bulb planting.
These improvements have been designed in response to the consultation that was carried out in December 2020.