Queen's Jubilee Fund
Queen's Jubilee Fund Grant Scheme
In 2022, Her Majesty the Queen will become the first British monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee after 70 years of service, having acceded to the throne on 6 February 1952.
This historic milestone provides an excellent opportunity for communities and businesses to come together in a spirit of friendship and celebration.
To support local community and voluntary organisations and businesses to organise events and activities to celebrate the jubilee, Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council has launched the Queen’s Jubilee Fund.
The fund will enable will local organisations and businesses to access grant funding to cover some of the costs associated with delivering events and activities to mark the historic milestone.
This scheme closed on Friday 29 April 2022. Applications are being processed on a first come, first serve basis and all decisions will be made by Friday 13 May 2022.
- Who can apply?
The scheme is open to any community or voluntary organisation, charity or business located and operating in the borough of Basingstoke and Deane.
To be eligible for a grant, organisations and businesses will need to:
- be registered as a business or constituted as a group within Basingstoke and Deane
- have a bank account registered to the organisation or business
Parish and town councils are eligible under this scheme but will be expected to involve local businesses and/or community and voluntary organisations in any activities.
Schools and colleges can also submit applications. However, they will need to demonstrate that any event or activity will be to the benefit of the wider community and not just their pupils or students.
Individual residents or not formally constituted groups cannot apply. However, they are encouraged to work with community organisations or businesses to be involved in events or activities to celebrate the jubilee.
Organisations and business are encouraged to work with local artists and arts organisations. The council’s Economy and Culture team can help with facilitating contacts and connections.
Please note that the grants are discretionary, available on a first come, first serve basis and subject to the availability of funds. Being an eligible business or community group does not give any automatic entitlement to a grant.
- How much can I apply for?
The scheme will operate as follows:
- For community and voluntary organisations, grants of up to £500 are available for single applications and up to £1,000 for joint applications bringing together two or more organisations
- For businesses, grants of up to £1,000 are available for applications bringing together three or more businesses. Applicants will need to demonstrate that the funding will be used to deliver activities that will benefit the wider town/village centre or high street and not solely the business itself .
- What will the grant cover?
The scheme is aimed at supporting businesses and community and voluntary organisations to organise and deliver events and activities and celebrate the jubilee. Applications for any other event or activity that is not associated with the jubilee will not be considered.
The funding can be used to cover the following types of activities and expenditure. Please note that this list is not exhaustive and you will need to describe in detail what you intend to use the funding for in the application form.
Examples of activities eligible under the scheme:
- Street parties, afternoon teas, picnics and fetes
- Temporary art installations
- Outdoor or indoor performances and walkabouts
- Arts or craft community workshops to create items to celebrate the jubilee
Examples of expenditure eligible under the scheme:
- Hire or purchase of equipment to run the event such as tables and chairs, marquees and gazebos, etc.
- Hire or purchase of supplies to run the event such as food items, arts materials, crockery, etc.
- Performance, artists and entertainment costs
- Public liability insurance
- Decorations such as flags, bunting, etc.
When planning your activities, please consider their impact on the environment and whenever possible use sustainable materials and avoid single use plastics.
- When can I organise my events or activities?
Funding is available for activities to celebrate the Queen’s Jubilee that will take place between May and September 2022.
- How do I apply and what information must be provided?
Applicants will need to complete an application form providing details of the organisation or business and what the funding will be used for.
Community and voluntary sector organisations will need to provide a copy of their constitution to demonstrate they are formally constituted.
Businesses will need to provide relevant registration numbers.
Please note that grants cannot be used to fund equipment that has already been purchased prior to a grant offer being made.
- When can I apply?
The scheme will be open for applications until 29 April 2022 . Any application received beyond this date will not be processed.
Applications will be processed on a first come first served basis.
- What conditions must be satisfied?
- The grant is solely for organisations and businesses located and operating in the borough of Basingstoke and Deane
- All activities must take place within the borough of Basingstoke and Deane
- Businesses must be trading and not be struck off or in liquidation
- Community and voluntary organisations must be formally constituted
- Grants must only be used for the purposes detailed above and as declared in the application form After the events or activities have been delivered, applicants will need to submit a short update report describing the activities that took place, the number of people engaged and provide a breakdown and proof of expenditure. Any unspent grant funding will need to be refunded to the council.
- Health and safety considerations
Ensuring the safety of the participants in activities will be essential and organisers will be expected to carry out a risk assessment. Advice and guidance on how to organise an event safely is available to view on our Events page
Any event or activity that will take place on public land will be subject to authorisation by Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council. An application to hold an event on public land will need to be submitted. More information on events on public land is available on our Event application page.
- How long will it take for my application to be processed?
Once received, applications will be assessed for eligibility. Applicants will be informed within 14 working days of receipt of the application whether the application has been successful, unsuccessful or that further evidence is required.
- How will my grant be paid?
Following confirmation of a successful application, applicants will be required to sign a grant offer letter confirming their adherence to all terms and conditions of the scheme (See the terms and conditions document for more information). Once the grant offer letter has been signed and returned to the council, payments will normally be made within ten days.
Please note that any unspent grant funding will need to be returned to the council.
- Is there any advice or guidance available?
If you have any questions about the scheme or are not sure whether your organisation or planned activities are eligible under this scheme, please email email@example.com or call 01256 844844.