Deposit bond scheme
Homelet Deposit bonds help people who are homeless or facing homelessness secure accommodation in the private sector.
Private landlords who let their properties to nominated tenants will benefit from a two year bond agreement. This means that any costs arising from damage or rent arrears, and related eviction fees (if caused by damage or rent arrears), can be claimed, up to the value of the bond should the tenancy come to an end
- No agency fees.
- Your property is let promptly and empty periods are reduced.
- Deposit bonds do not have to be protected under the Tenant Deposit Protection legislation.
- An inventory check at the start of the tenancy
- An initial three month home visit
- 12 month condition inspection if required
If you are considering letting to someone who says the council has agreed to provide a Homelet Deposit Bond, you must confirm this with us before agreements are signed or the tenant moves in.