Cranbourne Lane and Radford Gardens Public Open Space Improvements
Following on from the public consultation carried out in January 2022 we have reviewed the responses. Thank you very much to those who provided feedback, which has been useful to decide how to take this project forward. Overall there was support for the proposed works, with some feedback we received requesting amendments to the design. As a result of the consultation, revisions have been made to the scheme which include:
- re-positioning of the footpath to a more central route across the Cranbourne Lane open space
- reduction of the kickabout provision from a surfaced MUGA to goal ends, within the Cranbourne Lane open space
- reduction in tree planting to allow existing views to be maintained
- addition of fitness equipment for a wide range of ages and abilities
- swathes of longer grass to increase both amenity and biodiversity within the spaces
After consultation meetings with ward members the final scheme has been agreed and will go ahead later this year. We have been made aware, due to lead in times being more favourable on one piece of outdoor fitness equipment, this will be installed sooner than the rest of the works.