Ashford Hill with Headley Neighbourhood Plan
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council agreed to proceed to a referendum on the Ashford Hill with Headley Neighbourhood Plan on 6 July 2022. As required by the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 as amended, a Decision Statement has been published which can be found below.
A referendum on the Ashford Hill with Headley Neighbourhood Plan will be held on Thursday 8 September 2022.
There are a number of documents that are available to view as part of the referendum. These are listed below:
- An Information Statement
- The referendum version of the Ashford Hill Neighbourhood Plan;
- The independent examiner’s report on the Ashford Hill Neighbourhood Plan;
- A summary of representations submitted to the independent examiner following consultation on the Plan;
- A Decision Statement from the Local Planning Authority which confirms the draft Neighbourhood Plan meets the basic conditions and other legislative requirements. It also confirms that the neighbourhood plan can proceed to referendum;
- A statement that sets out general information in respect of town and country planning, which includes neighbourhood planning.
The referendum area is identified on the map which is included within the information statement. The referendum area is identical to the area which has been designated as the Neighbourhood Plan area for Ashford Hill with Headley. For this referendum those entitled to vote will receive a ballot paper which asks the following question:
Do you want Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Ashford Hill with Headley to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?
If more than 50% of individuals vote ‘yes’ in the referendum, then Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council will ‘make’ the Ashford Hill with Headley Neighbourhood Plan. If the Neighbourhood Plan is ‘made’ it will help determine planning applications in the Ashford Hill with Headley Neighbourhood Area. It will also form part of the statutory development plan for Basingstoke and Deane.
If more people vote ‘no’ than ‘yes’ then the Neighbourhood Plan will not be made part of the statutory development plan for the local area.
Ms Janet Cheesley was appointed to carry out an Independent Examination of the Ashford Hill with Headley Neighbourhood. The Examination commenced on 9 May 2022. The report is available to review below:
During the examination any correspondence between the council and the examiner relevant to the examinations was placed on the council’s website. This correspondence is available below:
Any further correspondence will also be added to this webpage.
Publication (Regulation 16)
The Ashford Hill with Headley Neighbourhood Plan (AHHNP) was submitted to Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council (BDBC) on 24 February 2022. The plan has been subject to a compliance check to ensure it accords with the relevant legislation. The borough council’s decision and completed checklist can be found here:
- Ashford Hill with Headley Neighbourhood Plan compliance check letter
- Ashford Hill with Headley Neighbourhood Plan compliance checklist
Consultation on the submission Ashford Hill with Headley Neighbourhood Plan closed on Tuesday 3 May 2022.
All of the representations received can be viewed below.
The comments received were passed on to the appointed examiner who carried out an independent examination on the neighbourhood plan. The examiner considered whether the plan met the Basic Conditions or whether any changes need to be made. The examiner has recommend the plan should proceed to referendum subject to modifications.
Details of the examination timetable and procedure will be published when available.
The consultation documents can be found below:
- Submission Ashford Hill with Headley Neighbourhood Plan,
- Consultation Statement,
- Consultation Statement appendices,
- Basic Conditions Statement,
- Strategic Environmental Assessment report and decision notice
- Representation Form and Guidance Note on the consultation and;
- Public notice
Strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitats Regulations Assessment
The borough council has undertaken screening for Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA). The results of the screening report and the decision notice is available to view below:
Neighbourhood Plan Area designation
The Ashford Hill with Headley Neighbourhood Area was approved on 1 December 2017. You can view copies of the documents associated with the area designation below: