Environmental renewal schemes
The council has allocated approximately £3.5 million to carry our environmental renewal schemes over the last 14 years. A further £321,000 has now been allocated for 2019/20 to 2021/22. Since starting the programme in 2005, a number of schemes have been completed across the borough, including:
- Central Buckskin
- South Ham extension
- Osborne and Millard Closes, Oakridge
- Northern part of Norn Hill
- Jersey and Guernsey Close, Popley
- Packenham Road and Pittard Road, Brookvale and Kings Furlong
- Quilter Road, Brighton Hill
- Hangar Road, Tadley
- Sycamore Way and Kenilworth, Winklebury
- Abbey Road, Popley
- Alliston Way and Penine Way, South Ham
- Normanton Road and Mullins Close, Oakridge
- Cordale and Culver Road, Brookvale and Kings Furlong
During 2019/20 to 2021/22, works are scheduled to be undertaken in Popley Islands West, Popley East; Western Way, South Ham; Cambrian Way, Buckskin; Norn Hill North, Norden; and Paddock Road, South Ham.
Types of schemes that can be considered are:
- Enhancing neglected areas by replacing fencing, benches, bins and tidying up overgrown plant beds.
- Improving the layout of footpaths and removing inappropriate steps.
- Removing isolated grass and planted areas.
- Reducing nuisance issues such as ball games.
- Upgrading of open space and youth facilities.
- Providing community maintained gardens.
- Providing new link paths and infill lighting.
Other similar types of scheme that are deemed a priority by the residents in a particular neighbourhood can also be considered.
For further information contact email@example.com or phone 01256 844844.