Running an event
Please bear in mind that outdoor public events may need more management than usual, because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Extra procedures may need to be considered to make your event safe. Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council have to consider the safety of residents when considering event applications. If you wish to submit an event application please be aware that a minimum of 12 weeks will be required to review the event and associated documentation.
The following documentation will need to be provided:
- Event Management Safety Plan
- COVID-19 risk assessment based on local current restrictions
- A fire and general risk assessment
- A map and site plan of your event location
- A copy of your Public Liability Insurance Certificate
- Any food hygiene certificates from caterers taking part in the event or licence to sell alcohol
- Specialist health and safety documentation for certain types of activities, for example Inflatable PIPA Tag.
Event specific documentation may include a temporary event notice, other insurances, supplier insurance and risk assessment. If required, these documents will be requested as part of your application.