There are many opportunities to volunteer within the borough, nationally and worldwide.
If you are interested in volunteering in your local area then why not get involved in a Conservation Work Party, a community centre or local club or group.
There are also opportunities for companies to use volunteering for team building.
Volunteer in sport
Sport in the UK wouldn’t exist without thousands of dedicated volunteers. They help to maintain and increase participation by supporting sports clubs and events. Giving your time to an organisation or club can be a great way to meet new people or develop new skills and gain real work experience.
There are many routes into volunteering, just some of which are listed below:
Sport England - Sport England invests in a variety of partner organisations and programmes which are designed to upskill and support people who make sport happen. Find out more about the Sport England schemes.
Community Games - the Community Games aim to bring communities together to take part in cultural and sporting activities inspired major sporting events. The Community Games website is full of top tips and resources that will help you to organise your own local event.
For more opportunities to volunteer try the links below:
- Basingstoke Voluntary Action (BVA) - brings local voluntary and community groups together to promote and develop effective local voluntary action. If you would like to investigate employee volunteering, please contact the Employee Volunteering Project Coordinator at BVA on 01256 423833 or visit the website.
- Currently known volunteering opportunities - An online directory of voluntary and community organisations active in the Borough.
- Volunteering England - Search for volunteering opportunities across the country.
- The Basingstoke Conservation Volunteers are a group of people who live in the Basingstoke area. They carry out practical projects to improve the local environment.
- TimeBank - a national charity inspiring and connecting people to share and give time.
You can also volunteer through our employability sessions with local schools, attend career fairs, to help with mock interviews, employability workshops or become a mentor.
Human Resources team
For more information on the benefits of volunteering, roles available in the local community and tips on getting the most out of your volunteering experience, take a look at the documents below.