Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
The containers for electrical items are not currently being emptied or serviced by our third party contractor due to Coronavirus (Covid-19). Please store at home until these sites re-open.
I have some WEEE, how can I dispose of it?
You can recycle worn out small electrical equipment (upto a maximum size of 58cm wide x 21cm deep) in one of the collection banks installed around the borough.
This helps to stop people putting worn-out electrical items which plug in or use batteries into their grey bins, including:
- kettles, toasters or kitchen appliances
- hairdryers, straighteners or curling tongs
- cameras or photographic equipment
- music equipment , including radios and MP3 players
- lamps, heaters or electric blankets
- computers or games consoles
- electrical toys, such as remote controlled cars
- fairy lights
- mobile phones.
These items are then sent to be processed with materials being recycled into new products.
To recycle larger electrical items, such as televisions or vacuum cleaners, you can take them to the local Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) on Wade Road, Basingstoke.
Where can I find a collection bank?
You can take your worn out electrical items to one of 25 locations across the borough:
- Eastrop Park car park, Eastrop Lane, RG21 4QD
- Morrison's, Worting Road, Basingstoke, RG21 8BJ
- New Road car park, New Road, Basingstoke, RG21 7PF
- Red Lion Lane car park, Red Lion Lane, Eastrop, RG21 7LX
- Beggarwood - Broadmere Road, Beggarwood, RG22 4AQ
- Bishops Green Village Hall, Ash Road, Bishops Green RG20 9JG
- Black Dam - Rucstall, Holbein Close, Black Dam, RG21 3QN
- Bramley - The Street, Bramley, RG26 5BP
- Brighton Hill shopping centre, RG22 4EH
- Burghclere Recreation Ground car park, Harts Lane, Burghclere, RG20 9HY
- Chineham shopping centre, RG24 8BQ
- Hatch Warren - Sainsbury's, Wallop Drive, Hatch Warren, Basingstoke, RG22 4TW
- Kempshott - Buckingham Parade, Kempshott, RG22 5NZ
- Kempshott - Stratton Park, Basingstoke, RG22 5HN
- Kingsclere - Fieldgate Centre, Kingsclere, RG20 5SQ
- Oakley - Beach Park, Station Road,Oakley, RG23 7HA
- Oakridge West Community Centre, Upton Crescent, RG21 5SN
- Overton Hill, London Road, RG25 3HU
- Penwood Village Hall, Heathlands Road, Penwood, RG20 9HA
- Popley - Abbey Road shops, Popley, RG24 9ES
- Popley Fields Community Centre, Carpenters Down, Popley, RG24 9AE
- Tadley - Sainsbury's, Mulfords Hill, Tadley, RG26 3JE
- Whitchurch - Bell Street car park, Whitchurch, RG28 7AE
- Winklebury - Watson Way shops, Winklebury, RG23 8BU
- Winklebury Centre, Winklebury Way, RG23 8BU
Other ways of disposing of WEEE
You can take your WEEE to the Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) on Wade Road for free disposal.
For larger items that you are unable to transport to the HWRC, such as televisions and fridges, you can book online for your items to be collected via the bulky waste collection service. Please note that this is a chargeable service.
If you have good quality electrical items, they can be donated to The Community Furniture Project (Basingstoke) where they will be re-used. To arrange a collection, call the Community Furniture Project on 01256 320700.
If you have an enquiry about recycling, send a message to the Waste and Recycling Team