Statement of Community Involvement
The Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) sets out how the council intends to involve the local community in planning issues, setting out:
- who will be consulted
- when involvement should take place
- which methods will be used.
Its purpose is to ensure active and continuous community participation in the planning process, whilst also making sure that the best decisions are made.
The council adopted its Statement of Community Involvement in March 2018 following consultation on a draft in October-December 2017. A copy can be found at the bottom of the page.
The council revised its SCI in light of COVID-19 Pandemic (September 2020), and the temporary removal of the requirement to make certain development plan documents available for inspection at premises and to provide hard copies on request. However, the government have now confirmed that they are no longer proposing to extend this removal of the legal requirement, which runs until 31 December 2021. This means that from the 1 January 2022, the council will be using the SCI (2018)
- Statement of Community Involvement (2018) (PDF)[868kb] (opens in a new window)
- Statement of Community Involvement Consultation Statement (PDF)[1,022kb] (opens in a new window)
- Statement of Community Involvement Adoption Statement (PDF)[189kb] (opens in a new window)
Hard copies of the SCI are available and can be obtained by contacting a member of the Local Plan Team.
Local Plan team