Statement of Community Involvement
The Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) sets out how the council intends to involve the local community in planning issues, setting out:
- who will be consulted
- when involvement should take place
- which methods will be used.
Its purpose is to ensure active and continuous community participation in the planning process, whilst also making sure that the best decisions are made.
Following consultation on the draft SCI and an examination by a Government Planning Inspector, the SCI was formally adopted on 19 July 2007 and a copy of this is available to download below. You can also view the following documents below:
- a copy of the Inspector's report
- a summary leaflet on the SCI
- a copy of the public notice
- the Statement of Compliance.
Hard copies of the SCI are available and can be obtained by contacting a member of the Local Plan Team.
Local Plan team
Telephone: 01256 844844