Bramley Neighbourhood Plan (2011-2029)
The Bramley Neighbourhood Plan 2011 to 2029 was ‘made’ at Full Council on 30 March 2017. The Plan now forms part of the Development Plan for the parish and will be used to guide planning decisions in Bramley. A copy of the final version of the Bramley Neighbourhood Plan, Decision Statement and Strategic Environment Assessment (SEA) Adoption Statement can be viewed below.
- Bramley Neighbourhood Plan - March 2017
- Appendix B: Summary of Community Consultation
- Appendix C: Bramley Village Character Assessment
- Appendix D: Vista Views and Important Landscape Views
- Appendix E: Trees Woodlands Hedgerows and Local Green Spaces
- Appendix F: Evaluation of Transport Effects
- Appendix G: Evaluation of Traffic Hazards
- Appendix H: Additional Local Evidence Base
- Bramley Decision Statement
- SEA Adoption Statement
Hard copies of these documents can be viewed at Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council Offices between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm on Mondays to Thursday and 8:30am and 4:30pm on Fridays, and at Basingstoke Discovery Centre and Chineham Library at their normal opening times.
To view an interactive Policies Map for the Bramley Neighbourhood Plan, please visit our Interactive Development Plan Policies Map. The interactive map allows you to search for a location and see which policies of the Neighbourhood Plan (and Local Plan) apply to your chosen location.
The Bramley Neighbourhood Plan Referendum was held on Thursday 9 February 2017. 95% of the voters on the day said 'Yes' to the Neighbourhood Plan. Further information on the results of the Referendum can be found on our election webpages.
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council agreed to proceed to a referendum on the draft Bramley Neighbourhood Plan on 25 November 2016. As required by the Neighbourhood Planning (General) regulations, a Decision Statement has been published which can be found below.
In accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning (Referendum) Regulations (2012) the council has published an Information Statement which sets out information relating to the referendum and also the following specified documents:
- The draft Bramley Neighbourhood Plan (as modified)
- The Independent Examiner report
- A summary of representations submitted to the independent examiner
- A Statement (Bramley Decision Statement Reg 18) that the local planning authority is satisfied that the draft plan meets the basic conditions and complies with the provisions made by or under sections 38A and 38B of the 2004 Act
- A general information statement on town and country planning, neighbourhood planning and the referendum
- Notice of Referendum
The Referendum was held on Thursday 9 February 2017 between 7am and 10pm. The question asked in the referendum was:
“Do you want Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Bramley to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
The referendum area is identified on the map which is included with the information statement. The referendum area is identical to the area which has been designated as the Neighbourhood Plan area for Bramley.
The referendum was conducted based in accordance with procedures similar to those used at local government elections.
Hard copies of the specified documents are available for inspection at:
- Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH (8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday)
- Basingstoke Discovery Centre, Festival Place Shopping Centre, Basingstoke, RG21 7LS (8.30am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am to 4.30pm Saturday)
- Chineham Library, Chineham District Centre, Basingstoke, RG24 8BQ (9:30 – 17:00 Tues – Fri, 9:30 – 16:00 Sat)
- Bramley Village Hall, The Street, Bramley, RG26 5BQ
The council received the independent examiners report for the Bramley Neighbourhood Plan (NP) on 21 October 2016.
The examiner recommended that, subject to a number of proposed modifications, the Plan should proceed to referendum. The examiner also recommended that the area for the referendum be based on the designated Bramley Neighbourhood Area as approved by the council in March 2013.
In addition, during the examination the examiner requested further clarification in terms of the reference in policy SS5 of the Adopted Local Plan 2011–2029 to ‘at least’ in respect of the Bramley Neighbourhood Plan. The borough council provided a formal written response to the examiner.
Publication (Regulation 16)
The Bramley Neighbourhood Plan (NP) was published for consultation on 18 July 2016 for a period of seven weeks. The consultation documents consisted of:
- The Bramley NP
- Bramley Strategic Environmental Assessment Report
- Bramley Consultation Statement
- Bramley Basic Conditions Statement
Representations from the Bramley NP consultation are available to view on the consultation portal at http://basingstoke-consult.limehouse.co.uk/portal. Representations and the submission plan have been issued to the appointed independent examiner, Janet Cheesley.
In addition, the plan was subject to a compliance check to ensure it complies with the relevant legislation. The borough council’s decision and completed checklist can be found here:
- BDBC Bramley Neighbourhood Plan compliance checklist
- BDBC Bramley Neighbourhood Plan compliance checklist letter
Pre-submission (Regulation 14)
Consultation on the Pre-Submission ODNP took place from 29 June to 19 August 2015. For more information please visit the Bramley Parish Council website - http://www.bramleypc.co.uk/en/
Strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitats Regulations Assessment
The borough council has undertaken screening for Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA). The results of the screening report and the decision notice is available to view below:
- Bramley Neighbourhood Plan SEA and HRA Screening Report
- Bramley Neighbourhood Plan SEA and HRA Screening Decision Notice
Neighbourhood Plan Area designation
The neighbourhood area for Bramley was designated on 22 March 2013. Information associated with the designation of the neighbourhood area can be viewed below: