St Mary Bourne Neighbourhood Plan
St Mary Bourne Neighbourhood Plan (2016-2029)
The St Mary Bourne Neighbourhood Plan 2016-2029 was 'made' at Full Council on 22 March 2018. The Plan forms part of the Development Plan for the parish and will be used to guide planning decisions in St Mary Bourne. A copy of the final version of the St Mary Bourne Neighbourhood Plan and Decision Statement can be viewed below:
- St Mary Bourne Neighbourhood Plan (final version)
- Decision Statement
- SEA and HRA Screening Decision Notice
Hard copies of these documents can be viewed at Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council offices between the hours of 8.30am and 5pm on Mondays to Thursday and 8.30am and 4.30pm on Fridays, and at Basingstoke Discovery Centre and Whitchurch Library during their normal opening times.
From 22 March 2018, the St Mary Bourne Neighbourhood Plan is subject to a six week period where applications can be made to the High Court on the grounds that the plans are not within the appropriate powers and/or a procedural requirement has not been complied with. This six week period of legal challenge ends on 3 May 2018.
The Referendum on the St Mary Bourne Neighbourhood Plan was held on Tuesday 20 February 2018. A total of 86% of the voters on the day said 'Yes' to the Neighbourhood Plan. Further information on the results of the Referendum can be found on our election webpages.
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council agreed to proceed to a referendum on the St Mary Bourne Neighbourhood Plan on 18 December 2017. As required by the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 as amended, a Decision Statement has been published which can be found below.
In accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning (Referendum) Regulations (2012) as amended, the council has published an Information Statement which sets out information relating to the referendum and also the following specified documents:
- The St Mary Bourne Neighbourhood Plan as modified
- The Independent Examiner report
- A summary of representations submitted to the independent examiner
- A Statement (the St Mary Bourne Neighbourhood Plan Decision Statement) that the local planning authority is satisfied that the draft plan meets the basic conditions and complies with the provisions made by or under sections 38A and 38B of the 2004 Act
- A general information statement on town and country planning, neighbourhood planning and the referendum
The Referendum will be held on Tuesday 20 February 2018 between 7am and 10pm. The question asked in the referendum will be:
"Do you want Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council to use the neighbourhood plan for St Mary Bourne to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?"
The referendum area is identified on the map which is included with the information statement. The referendum area is identical to the area which has been designated as the Neighbourhood Plan area for St Mary Bourne.
The referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures similar to those used at local government elections.
Hard copies of the specified documents are available for inspection at:
- Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH (8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday)
- Basingstoke Discovery Centre, Festival Place Shopping Centre, Basingstoke, RG21 7LS (8.30am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm Saturday)
- Whitchurch Library (Gill Nethercott Centre), Winchester Road, Whitchurch, RG28 7HP (1pm to 5pm Monday, 1pm to 7pm Wednesday, 10am to 5pm Friday and 10am to 1pm Saturday)
- The Club Room, St Mary Bourne Village Centre, Bourne Meadow, St Mary Bourne, SP11 6BE (3.30pm to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 12 noon Saturday)
The council received the independent examiners report for the St Mary Bourne Neighbourhood Plan (NP) on 17 November 2017. The examiner recommended that, subject to a number of proposed modifications, the Plan should proceed to referendum.
The Independent Examination was conducted by Jeremy Edge of Edge Planning and Development LLP. He was appointed by the borough council, in agreement with St Mary Bourne Parish Council, having been referred to the council by the Neighbourhood Planning Independent Examiner Referral Service (NPIERS).
Publication (Regulation 16)
The St Mary Bourne Neighbourhood Plan (SMBNP) was submitted to Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council (BDBC) on 6 May 2017. The plan has been subject to a compliance check to ensure it accords with the relevant legislation. The borough council’s decision and completed checklist can be viewed below:
- BDBC St Mary Bourne Neighbourhood Plan compliance checklist letter
- BDBC St Mary Bourne Plan compliance checklist
On this page
The submission documents included: St Mary Bourne NP, Strategic Environmental Assessment, Consultation Statement, Basic Conditions Statement, the representation form, a guidance note on the consultation and the public notice.
Additionally, there are a number of evidence base documents that can be viewed on the St Mary Bourne Parish Council website.
What happens next?
Comments received will be passed on to the appointed examiner who will then carry out an independent examination on the neighbourhood plan. The examiner will consider whether the plan meets the Basic Conditions or whether any changes need to be made. The examiner will recommend if the plan should proceed to referendum.
Details of the examination timetable and procedure will be published when available.
Pre-submission (Regulation 14)
Consultation on the Pre-Submission SMBNP took place from 15 April 2016 to 27 May 2016 and 4 November 2016 to 16 December 2016. For more information please visit the St Mary Bourne Neighbourhood Plan website.
Strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitats Regulations Assessment
The borough council has undertaken screening for Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA). The results of the screening report and the decision notice is available to view below:
Neighbourhood Plan Area designation
You can view copies of the documents associated with the area designation on the Neighbourhood planning page