Wootton St Lawrence Neighbourhood Plan
The Wootton St Lawrence Neighbourhood Plan 2016-2029 was 'made' at Full Council on 19 December 2019. The Plan now forms part of the Development Plan for the parish and will be used to guide planning decision in Wotton St Lawrence. Below are the final versions of:
Hard copies of these documents can be viewed at:
- Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council Offices between the hours of 8.30am and 5pm Mondays to Thursday and 8.30am and 4.30pm on Fridays.
- Basingstoke Discovery Centre - find the Discovery Centre's normal opening times
- Tadley Library - find the library's normal opening times
From 19 December 2019, the Wootton St Lawrence Neighbourhood Plan is subject to a six week period where applications can be made to the High Court on the grounds that the neighbourhood plan is not within the appropriate powers and/or a procedural requirement has not been complied with. This six week period of legal challenge ends on 4 February 2020.
On this page
The referendum for the Wootton St Lawrence Neighbourhood Plan was held on Thursday 21 November 2019. There was a turnout of 32.09%. The results of the poll included; 116 votes in favour (75%) and 38 votes against (25%). More than 50% of those voting in the referendum voted ‘yes’ and therefore the neighbourhood plan has become part of the statutory development plan for the parish of Wootton St Lawrence.
The Wootton St Lawrence Neighbourhood Plan is due to be formally adopted at the Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council Full Council meeting on 19 December 2019.
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council agreed to proceed to a referendum on the Wootton St Lawrence Neighbourhood Plan on 18 September 2019 June. As required by the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 as amended, a Decision Statement has been published which can be found below.
In accordance with the Neighbourhood Planning (Referendum) Regulations (2012) as amended, the council has published an Information Statement which sets out information relating to the referendum and also the following specified documents:
- The Wootton St Lawrence Neighbourhood Plan (as modified)
- The Independent Examiner's report
- A summary of representations submitted to the independent examiner
- A Statement (the Wootton St Lawrence Neighbourhood Plan Decision Statement) that the local planning authority is satisfied that the draft plan meets the basic conditions and complies with the provisions made by or under sections 38A and 38B of the 2004 Act
- A general information statement on town and country planning, neighbourhood planning and the referendum
- Notice of referendum for the Wootton St Lawrence Neighbourhood Plan
The Referendum will be held on Thursday 21 November 2019 between 7am and 10pm. The question asked in the referendum will be:
“Do you want Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Wootton St Lawrence to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
The referendum area is identified on the map which is included with the information statement. The referendum area is identical to the area which has been designated as the Neighbourhood Plan area for Wootton St Lawrence.
The referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures similar to those used at local government elections.
Hard copies of the specified documents are available for inspection at:
- Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH (8.30am – 5pm Mon – Thurs, 8.30am – 4.30pm Fri)
- Basingstoke Discovery Centre, Festival Place Shopping Centre, Basingstoke, RG21 7LS (8.30am – 6.30pm Mon – Fri, 8.30am – 4.30pm Sat)
- Tadley Library, Mulfords Hill, Tadley RG26 3JE (Monday, Thursday, Friday 9.30am - 5pm, Tuesday 9.30am - 1pm, Wednesday 9.30am - 7pm, Saturday 9.30am - 4pm)
- The porch of All Saints Church, Ramsdell; and
- The porch of St Lawrence Church, Wootton St Lawrence.
Ms Janet Cheesley, of Chec Planning Ltd was appointed to carry out an independent examination of the Wootton St Lawrence Neighbourhood Plan (WSL NP). She was appointed by the borough council, in agreement with Wootton St Lawrence Parish Council.
The examination commenced on 1 August 2019. The council received the independent examiner’s report for the Wootton St Lawrence Neighbourhood Plan on 21 August 2019. The examiner recommended that, subject to a number of proposed modifications, the Plan should proceed to referendum.
Details regarding the referendum will be made available on the council’s website in due course.
During the examination any correspondence between the council and the examiner relevant to the examination will be placed on the council's website. This correspondence can be found below:
Publication (Regulation 16)
The Wootton St Lawrence Neighbourhood Plan (WSLNP) was submitted to Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council (BDBC) on 28 May 2019. The plan has been subject to a compliance check to ensure it accords with the relevant legislation. The borough council’s decision and completed checklist can be found below:
- BDBC Wootton St Lawrence Neighbourhood Plan compliance checklist letter
- BDBC Wootton St Lawrence Plan compliance checklist
A seven week consultation was held on the submission Wootton St Lawrence NP, this closed on 31 July 2019. Any comments received have been passed on to the appointed examiner who will then carry out an independent examination on the neighbourhood plan. The examiner will consider whether the plan meets the Basic Conditions or whether any changes need to be made. The examiner will recommend if the plan should proceed to referendum.
Representations from the submission WSL NP consultation became available to view on the council’s consultation Portal from 31 July 2019 at:
The consultation documents can be found below:
- Submission Wootton St Lawrence NP
- Consultation Statement
- Basic Conditions Statement
- Representation Form and Guidance Note on the consultation
- Public notice
- SEA/HRA screening decision notice
You can also view an evidence base document regarding the proposed Local Gap.
Pre-submission (Regulation 14)
Consultation on the Pre-Submission Wootton St Lawrence Neighbourhood Plan took place between 13 January 2018 and 28 February 2018. For more information please visit the Wootton St Lawrence Neighbourhood Plan website by clicking on the following link – http://www.wslr-pc-np.org/
Strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitats Regulations Assessment
The borough council has undertaken screening for Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA). The results of the screening report and the decision notice is available to view below:
The Wootton St Lawrence and Ramsdell Neighbourhood Plan Designation Area was approved on the 20 February 2014. Information associated with the neighbourhood area designation can be found below: