Abandoned and nuisance vehicles
We are unlikely to consider vehicles to be abandoned if:
- They are taxed and MOT'd, or have Statutory Off Road Notice (SORN), and are in a reasonable condition. Visit the GOV.UK website to Check to see if a vehicle is taxed or has SORN.
- They appear in reasonable condition and have been in situ for less than a month.
Report an untaxed vehicle
You can report an untaxed vehicle that you’ve seen on a public road anonymously to the DVLA:
You will need to include the:
- vehicle registration number
- make, model and colour of the vehicle
- street name, town and postcode where the vehicle is parked
You won't be able to report the vehicle without these details.