Bus shelters are routinely inspected and repairs carried out as necessary. If you see any vandalism or damage to a bus shelter which requires repair please report it to us.
The majority of bus shelters in Basingstoke and Deane are owned by Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council (BDBC) or Clear Channel UK. Once we receive a report of a damaged bus shelter, we will complete the work or contact Clear Channel on your behalf. Work will be completed within the following timescales:
BDBC owned shelters
- Offensive graffiti removal – within two working days
- Glass/polycarbonate – made safe within 24 hours.
- Emergency damage – will be inspected within three hours. All dangerous structural repair requirements should be completed within 24 hours.
Clear Channel owned shelters
- Offensive graffiti removal – within two working days.
- Illumination – within three working days.
- Glass/polycarbonate – made safe within three hours. Full repair within three working days.
- Emergency damage – will be inspected within three hours by Clear Channel to determine what action is required.
Some bus shelters are owned by town or parish councils or may be privately owned and you will need to contact the owner direct. Our form will show you if a bus shelter is not owned by BDBC or Clear Channel.