Notification of cooling towers and evaporative condensers
Under the provisions of the Notification of Cooling Towers and Evaporative Condensers Regulations 1992, you are required to register every cooling tower and evaporative condenser. However, you do not need to register if the cooling tower or evaporative condenser:
- contains no water that is exposed to air; and
- its water supply is not connected; and
- its electrical supply is not connected
Alternatively, if you prefer to notify us of installation of new equipment, or a change to existing equipment in writing, please complete the form below and send it to:
Environmental Health Team
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council
The prime purpose of this is to identify potential areas that could give rise to the spread of infectious diseases eg legionella and to ensure preventative measures are taken to eliminate the risk of such infection arising to employees and the public.
If you control non-domestic premises you must ensure that you notify the council of any cooling tower or evaporative condenser on the premises. You must also notify the council in writing of any changes to the notification information within one month of the change
Information to be notified to us is:
- the address of the premises where the cooling tower or evaporative condenser is to be situated
- the name, address and phone number of a person who has control of the premises referred to in paragraph 1 above
- the number of cooling towers or evaporative condensers at the premises referred to in paragraph 1 above
- the location on site of each cooling tower or evaporative condenser
Will tacit consent apply?
Tacit consent applies to this application. This means that you will be able to act as though your notification has been received if you have not heard from the local authority by the end of the target completion period which is normally 10 working days.
Environmental Health team
If you have an enquiry about environmental health, send a message to the Environmental Health team