Notification of cooling towers and evaporative condensers
Under the provisions of the Notification of Cooling Towers and Evaporative Condensers Regulations 1992, you are required to register every cooling tower and evaporative condenser. However, you do not need to register if the cooling tower or evaporative condenser:
- contains no water that is exposed to air; and
- its water supply is not connected; and
- its electrical supply is not connected
Information to be notified to us is:
- the address of the premises where the cooling tower or evaporative condenser is to be situated
- the name, address and phone number of a person who has control of the premises referred to in paragraph 1 above
- the number of cooling towers or evaporative condensers at the premises referred to in paragraph 1 above
- the location on site of each cooling tower or evaporative condenser
Will tacit consent apply?
Tacit consent applies to this application. This means that you will be able to act as though your notification has been received if you have not heard from the local authority by the end of the target completion period which is normally 10 working days.
Environmental Health team
If you have an enquiry about environmental health, send a message to the Environmental Health team