The council has allocated approximately £3.5 million to carry our environmental renewal schemes since starting the programme in 2005. A number of schemes have been completed across the borough, such as:
Works are scheduled to start towards the end of this year on Popley Abbey Road area with completion expected early in 2024.
Types of schemes that can be considered are:
- Enhancement of neglected areas by replacing fencing, benches, bins and tidying up overgrown plant beds.
- Improvements to the layout of footpaths and removal of inappropriate features.
- Removal of isolated grass and planted areas.
- Reduction of nuisance issues such as ball games.
- Upgrading of open space and youth facilities.
- Provision new link paths where there are desire lines.
- Landscape improvements to deter fly tipping.
Other similar types of scheme that are deemed a priority by the residents in a particular neighbourhood can also be considered.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org