Basingstoke Green Week
Basingstoke Green Week is an annual event organised by local community groups, residents and supported by Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council.
The aim and vision for the week is to showcase all the good work going on in the borough, including local organic and environmentally friendly products and services. The activities during the week aim at finding new, fun and innovative ways of celebrating all things ‘green’.
If you wish to take part in any of the activities listed in the programme you will be engaging directly with the organiser of that event who will be the data controller for any information you provide. Your personal data will not be passed on to the council with the exception of the Network evening which is organised by the council, who will hold some information for contact purposes in the event of the activity being cancelled. This information will not be kept after the event or passed on to any third party.
We would love to hear from you if you would like to be part of future Green Week activities. There are many ways to get involved:
- volunteering to help at events, such as the Green Market in the Town Centre
- organising your own green event (with support if needed)
- distributing programmes for the week’s events
- giving us your ideas and suggestions for activities
- providing a free venue for events.
We would also love to hear from Basingstoke businesses who:
- would like to promote their green and sustainable products
- would like to sponsor an event
- would like to be involved as part of Corporate and Social Responsibility projects.
If you are interested in any of the above or want to have a chat about what your neighbourhood or group can do, please contact either:
- The Basingstoke Transition Network email@example.com or
- Lucy Martins, Climate Change Officer by sending her a message or by phoning 01256 845620.