Deposit bond scheme
Deposit bonds help people who are homeless or facing homelessness secure accommodation in the private sector.
Private landlords who let their properties to nominated tenants will benefit from a bond agreement. This means that any costs arising from damage or rent arrears can be claimed, up to the value of the bond should the tenancy come to an end.
- No fees.
- Tenancy agreements and support for landlords.
- Your property is let promptly and empty periods are reduced.
- Deposit bonds do not have to be protected under the Tenant Deposit Protection legislation.
- An independent inventory report at the start and end of the tenancy.
- Support for tenants where needed throughout the tenancy.
- Condition inspections if required.
If you are considering letting to someone who says the council has agreed to provide a Deposit Bond, you must confirm this with us before agreements are signed or the tenant moves in.
Landlord enquiry form
Please use the form below to register your interest in letting your property through Basingstoke and Deane Council.
A member of our team will contact you to discuss the benefits of working with us.
In order to let your property you will need the following certificates and permissions:
- Do you have current Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)? Check to see if you have an EPC.
- A gas safety certificate this last one year (if you have gas in the property).
- Electrical safety certificate – called an Electrical Installation Condition Report. These last five years.
- For HMO landlords only - have you checked if you need planning permission and do you need a HMO licence?.