Motor Neurone Disease (MND) Charter
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council has pledged its support to residents and carers living with Motor Neurone Disease by signing up to the Motor Neurone Disease Charter.
The Charter is a statement of the respect, care and support that people living with MND and their carers deserve and should expect. The five points of the charter are:
- The right to an early diagnosis and information
- The right to access quality care and treatments
- The right to be treated as individuals and with dignity and respect
- The right to maximise their quality of life
- Carers of people with MND have the right to be valued, respected, listened to and well-supported.
By supporting the charter, the council is committed to taking an active role in giving those who are living with the disease the right to be treated as individuals and with dignity and respect, maximising their quality of life and ensuring carers are valued, respected and supported.
The council will be able to work closely with the JobCentre on applications for disability benefits and ensure those with MND are able to make adaptations to their homes through Disabled Facilities Grants.
If you or someone you are caring for has been diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease and would like support to apply for disability benefits – please contact our JobCentre Liaison Officer on 01256 845505.